BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 21:38:33 -0400
Ralph,

> Would that be train splatting?

Train splatting is right.

>  Did you ever send a proposal to Attorney Curley for the Davieses?

I will, I will. Not that I don't remember, or don't care. I care.
Sometimes I just have a hell of a time keeping on point... particuarly
when it means returning to point. I've been totally fed up and sick at
the gut w/ a customer that says they will pay us and then we drive into
the city (140 mi round trip) to get a check and it is half what we are
owed. But that check bounces and we find out like 3 days later... and
have to wait until it comes back in the mail. Then we drive into the
city again for a check, this time the full amount. All sorts of
apologies. We deposit that check thinking... finally we might be able to
catch up and pay those whom we owe... but then that check bounces. Not
to say that we have not been hustling to get as many proposals out as
possible and to get work done and invoiced... and I'm irritated in
general. We call the idjit over and over on Friday and he does not call
back at 5 PM as he promised so I leave like 15 messages on his cell
phone, I know how much I don't like messages piled up on my cell phone,
and I finally get pissed & call the artichoke to leave a message that I
am preparing to take action against his client & neighbor. When I get
this pissed  I have trouble working. In the meantime my stepfather in
Galveston, our Pop, almost drops dead. I then find myself thinking back
to how many miserable Memorial Day weekends I have had... particularly
the one where for 14 hours we were stuck at a gas station in Hopatcong
with our young child and old dog. Saturday evening I get a call from the
idjit -- he says he got lost in CT on Friday -- and he suggests we stop
by his office today, Tuesday. Wants to know why I called the architect.
Duh! I ask for a certified check. He suggests cash in full because he
does not have time to go to the bank (jackass)... at first I think,
OK... anything, then I think, crap... I'll get conked over the head when
I walk out the door. A recent series of conversatiosn reminds me that
when I frist started working in NYC that it was common news to hear that
a contractor & his friends ended up their bodies found in a dumpster.
Talk about train splatting? So once again we drive into the shitty and
though we get a certified check this time it is once again for less than
half. Start at 5 AM w/ the day and get home at 7 PM and still can't seem
to catch up w/ anything. Now I am tired, I am in pain, I have no
answers, and I don't want to do anything that I am supposed to do.

But I will get it done.

][<