BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Light fuse ... retire quickly.
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:46:18 EDT
"hey boy friend"; she was wearing last years swim suit and high heels ....forget tubing on the Deleware..take the swim on 9th ave at 5 am to see the flower and the fauna of the river of life.
I like the early morning light and how it cascades in soft puddles down 44th street from the rising sun in the East. Dispersing the ink of night it creeps along the tops of great buildings in ceremonial robes of red tile and steel and glass.
I'll take the quite marquees of Broadway past the "Producers and Chicago" Past the homeless man doing spins in his wheel chair on the 7th ave island as doumbfounded tourists line up for "Goodmorning America"
Like Astair and Rodgers scattered  newsprint dances on high with the passing of a lone taxi then drifts helplessly over a sleeping man on cardboard.
 I have a fresh breeze to my back .Smells of wetness and earth flow from  the  river.
There are pirates aplenty as I pass a bare chested long blond haired man wearing only a cowboy hat ,boots and his privates stuffed into skimpy cotton briefs that sez "Naked Cowboy " on his butt.. he is carrying a gitar.
Crossing over to Madison I am in more elite company. The Crysler building is well lite at this hour; there is a moon overhead and the angle of the sun catches the chrome eagles and its pinacle in dazzling display of golds and silver.I duck into the bakery on Vanderbilt for a take out lingering on the  smells of warm breads and exotic coffees..
I fortify myself well..it will be a long day at sixty stories oh it isn't that the work is so hard . Dutchmen and composite patching after cleaning. Its the political infighting and the micro managing by cannibles in the guise of property managers.
Several times we have had to gather the wagons to fend them off . We have survived every onslaught ; not without casualties; but were alive.
I ride the rig to the 57 floor and take coffee with my friend the Falcon who nests there. Up here its quite I look down at the ornate of the  Hemsley building catching the sun and watch a rig move along a new building up on Madison. I will enjoy the peace of this sunrise until the war drums start up ; then with paint an feathers I'll stand my ground.  Best Michael