BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:59:13 EDT
In a message dated 9/27/2000 9:19:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< That's what they told me back at the U. S. Gypsum Co., when I was a young
 engineer wading through ankle deep dust until my feet cracked, and where lack
 of respirator equipment was supposed to be unrelated to my developing
 pneumonia >>

Mike,

That's what happens when those of us from the eastern side of the
Mediterranean get into areas where people from the northern/central part of
the Mediterranean belong.  PS- L'Shanah Tovah.

Which reminds me, didn't any other Pinheads see the woids of wisdom from
James Stewart Polshek, FAIA regarding criticism of his extremely fabulous
wonderfully sympathetic but at the same time forward-looking and cutting edge
glass entryway to the Brookalino Museum: "that's what I would expect from
these knee-jerk Preservationists" or some such shit.

For those of you (Heidi) of tender years (or senior moments, the rest of us),
yes, this is one and the same James Stewart Polshek who was for many years
dean of the Columbia Grad School of Architecture, Planning, and--you guessed
it-- Histo Presto.   Known in my days at Columbia as "Polecat," and we were
evidently not far off the mark.

So how come nobody bitched?  Or did our silent Sharpshooting scribe think
Polecat's abomination was hunky-dory?  Heaven forfend.

Ralph (Mr. Progressive)