BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 07:59:36 -0400
John -

What an excellent story.  I believe it is either a Buddhist or Hindi
tradition to plant a tree each year, and care for the tree for 5 years.
Although not for religious reasons, we have been doing this since moving
into our home 8 years ago.  We have 4 acres of farm land that we wish over
time to return to the great forest environment that once existed in NYS.
Granted, 4 acres isn't much, but a tree's a tree and the woods are the
woods and it's in my blood.

- Pam (I love trees, too) Blythe

<[log in to unmask]>  on  10/18/98 11:53:02 AM ----------
As you might suspect many tree planters, some now elderly, and some in
their prime, rose to the occasion and stood, along with George Washington,
Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Taylor, at several meetings and beside their
trees to protect the property from roadway encroachment. The roadway was
not widened, the trees still stand and continue to grow, and protect the
property. They saved the road as well as the property.

John (I love trees) Leeke,
Preservation Consultant