BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:16:05 +0000
Dan Becker wrote:

> Speaking of sleep patterns of the extremely productive, the reason they are
> so productive is they don't waste precious time sleeping.  Buckminster
> Fuller slept approximately one hour a day...in three 20-minute nap
> segments.

I wondered how he did it. For 25 years I worked on a six hour sleep
regimen. Now I need eight hours or I find I'm obviously dysfunctional
for at least 4 of the waking. I knew a fellow, a rep for a sealants
manufacturer, that lived on two hours. I cannot say it made him more
productive... it may have contributed to his showing symptoms of
bordering on clinical psychosis. It was a problem coming into the office
early, like 6 AM, and finding the guy standing at the door. His
technique was to talk you crazy until you placed an order. It did not
matter if you were overstocked. He would reveal all sorts of gossip
about our competition, and I am sure he repeated same about us to them.
I always made sure to lie a lot, I figured it was good advertising. I
also got some nice stories from him. I'm a sucker to stand around
listening to anyone telling good stories.

][<en