BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The fundamentally unclean listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:39:48 EST
The other evening I was invited to a grand affair at the retired admirals
house;
between munching on crab cake and swilling over rated   bubbly I was
introduced as a Mater Mason;
to which I gave the secret handshake; and proceeded to speak  in tongues
Non plus by this then my patron; a dowager matron of the Pan Handle
aristocrats
  shifted gears an introduced me as the "Artist" who is restoring their
monuments; to which I began ranting and raving about about the bad (but
expensive) nudes he had in the billiard room ....I simmered down when the bar
cut me off
and passed myself off as a grave digger.....here then is a little bit about
Art..
Pyrate

"My mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be
a general; if you become a monk, you'll end up as the pope.'
Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso. "

            Pablo Picasso

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is
nothing without work. "

              Emile Zola

"Human life itself may be almost pure chaos, but the work of
the artist is take these handfuls of confusion and disparate
things, things that seem to irreconcilable, and put them
together in a frame to give them some kind of shape and meaning."

              Katherine Anne Porter

"Every child is an artist, the problem
is how to remain an artist once he grows up."

      Pablo Picasso