BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:11:37 -0800
I won't donate stuff to a museum because they don't use the stuff that is
donated, they just stick it away in a box or put it in a glass case to be
looked at.  The stuff I have is all practical stuff that is meant to be
used!!!  If I was to give them a table cloth I'd want them to use it if
they were having a feed and needed a tablecloth, not go buy a cheap plastic
one and leave mine in a box somewhere.  If I was to give them a hammer I'd
expect them to use it to pound nails when needed.  What a waste of good
stuff to just put it where nobody uses it.  I am using kitchen utensils
everyday that were my grandmother's & probably my ggrandmother's as well.

However, I will give my grandmother's pressure canner to the local museum
because it would be dangerous to try and use that contraption in this day
and age.  I have several pressure canners but they're nothing like that
thing, which I actually remember her using!!!  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT