BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Johnette Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:16:54 +0000
I graduated from the HP program at UPenn a couple of
years ago, and out of our class of 22 only 4 were men.
I never got the gist of why that was, either.  In
conversations with my classmates, both men and women
were surprised by the ratio.

I wonder if it has a little to do with the older and/or
male counterparts coming from more of a craft or
technical angle, whereas many of the women come from
more of a humanities orientation?  Although, there are
also many women conservators coming into the field these
days, too.

Wonder, indeed.

- Johnette