BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
J Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:39:35 -0800
>Dear subscribers
The following 2 subscribers are currently being monitored:
>  7 02/24 02/24 Dennis Enslinger <[log in to unmask]>
>                Last error: Mailer CI.LAWRENCE.KS.US said: "553 sorry, that
> 1 02/24 02/24 J Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>"550 you are
not allowed to send mail to <[log in to unmask]>"

            S O S !!!     - - - _ _ _ - - -        x x x o o o x x x

It is wonderful to know that there are real control people out there !

Please help, dear List Lords.

I have been suffering a multiple-message syndrom for months since I have two
e-mail accounts, one at the historic site ( [log in to unmask] ) I
operate in a very small isolated
town and the other in a city of some normality.   I have been unable to
"unsubscribe" from the historic site list-address since the computer no
longer exists in the small town where it did the dialing, but the e-address
still is used.   Last Fall, I tried writing to you, Dear Lords, about this
but since nothing happened I thought there must therefore be only an
e-mind making it all work or unwork.    I decided to accept my fate and
continue to get doubles of everything each day to delete through, feeling
that the poetry and practicality of the list is good for my daily mental
health.   Reading
the daily e-mail has become a bit like brushing teeth.   Deleting is like
flossing.

The problem is this.   Phone lines in my small town life are so old and
broken
that only the slowest modem ever invented can operate there.  In fact, if
you are right in town, a moderate speed usually works, but for every mile
you are from the town centre the accepible modem speed drops one knotch
(1/2).   Downloading anything at the historic site is painfully slow,
especially since the computer connections also frequently fail if a breeze
comes up and makes the roadside phone lines move while you are on-line.
For years, no commercial company would look at serving this area since the
phone company said it had no plans to replace the lines untill maybe 2015,
so a local Society was set up by a komputer-keener (who later became the
Mayor) and our little area became an e-nomilly in the Province as the only
place e-served by a Society.

Last year, when I went over the hill some three hours drive to a city and
set up a
second life so I could also work on a museum there, I delighted in being
able to get city-style service through a commercial server in the normal
way.   My address there is [log in to unmask]  and it works wonderfully.

Therefore, I am puzzled by your message that I am being "monitered" at that
address while the small town one continues without mention, other than to
tink dat som'un out dere doesn lyk my accend'.

Love to all,
feeling very small,
cuyler

PS:
Please advise how I can kill off [log in to unmask] from your glorious
list, wishing to send the "un-subscribe" message from a computer and server
other than the one which subscribed.