BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: \"Magma Charta Erupts Weakly\"
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:23:11 -0500
>It probably isn't appropriate in this warm humid climate - most of the old
>old cordwoods I've heard about were built in cold dry climes by Finns or
>Swedes.

Up in da U.P and in the nort'woods of Minnesota and Wisconsin. it's called
stovewood construction, I believe. Makes sense with all the Scandahoovians
up there, but its alternately cold and wet or hot and wet. I've been
fascinated by the examples from the first half of the last century, but I
can't say I've seen an oval one!! Glad to hear it's making yet another
comeback - I must have been just a young lass when the last one came around
and was too caught up in geodesic domes and Xanadu home of the future...

Intriguing.
bamh.
..