BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:32:12 -0400
In my DeWitt Junior High School days (cc '66-'70) the Moosewood was a
padded, sub-grade, cell where we held gym class (I only ate at the
restaurant once and that may've been outside at the sidewalk cafe...).  I
remember doing calisthenics, wrestling (maybe dodgeball too), and, briefly,
an after-school exercise program that included a medicine ball in an attempt
to control an early-teen weight problem (now what Ian or Down-Under Dave
called a modest-sized "veranda").  The gym room occupied the southwest
corner of the basement--the next room west was the start of the woodshop, a
long room, and I think it went all the way to the entry stair off of Seneca
Street (I think this too is part of Moosewood now but I'm not sure where the
clothing store space begins/began) though there may've been a room between
the woodshop and the stair (the teacher's lounge?).  The "non-woodshop shop"
(housing a foundry, welding, metal lathes, sheet metal shop, and electrical
classroom) was located in a long room on the Cayuga Street side just north
of where the Guitar Workshop is located in the southwest corner of the
basement.

P.S.  I did my dishwashing at Camp Barton, the Boy Scout camp north of
Taughannock Falls State Park on Cayuga Lake, though a woman on my paper
route, Galetti Chacona (Greek, I think, or maybe Italian), with connections
in the restaurant business offered to get me a dishwashing job if I wanted
it...