BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Judith E. Selwyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judith E. Selwyn
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:26:29 -0500
We traditionally reuse all sound bricks with anything significant or hard to
match - or always!

Yes, the custom shops say they will match, but based on my experience it
does not always work out.  We have different kilms, not the same clay bed,
different fuels, environmental regulation on plants.

Subtle differences, like gloss at oblique angles can make the best match
look bad.

Sometimes dumb luck provides a good job and the best efforts result in a
near mismatch!!

Dr. Judith E. Selwyn
Preservation Technology Associates, Inc.
285 Reservoir Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467

617 598-2255
fax 617 277-3389