BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
When I'm in NH I'm a tourist. Ruth
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 14:36:55 -0400
Ruth -

Well, the flower garden out front is starting to look like a brand new
garden - lot's of passersby saying, "Oh, it's going to look so beuatiful,"
so we're at least appearing to do something right.  Still lots of work to do
on it, but some of that will have to wait for mother nature to kick in.

The veggie patch is coming along.  Got some of the strawberry plants cleaned
out and purchased straw at the Agway this weekend to put in the bed.  I
think they will appreciate that!  Bought seed potatoes and have a new bed
all prepped for them (last year's spot was a terrible disappointment) and
the left over turnips are going to seed, and the left over carrots will, if
my husbands leaves them in the ground, and the left over onions, leeks, and
garlic are happily producing, and the rhubarb is superb this year (about 3.5
feet tall, even after pulling the flowers), and the horseradish seems to
like being next to the rhubarb, and the various fruit bushes in the back are
being quite prolific and trying to claim more yard than we originally
intended, but that's OK by me.  I can deal with a few more raspberries and
currants.  We also decided there wasn't time this year to start our own
seeds, so we're gonna buy a few flats - tomatoes, peppers, some of the
mundane stuff.

Need to move the tulip tree that showed up in our flower bed last year -
birds can do wonders sometimes.  May put it where the large maple fell down
during our ice storm last month - gotta move the Virginia bluebells, because
they really don't like that much direct sunlight, but they can wait for a
few weeks until they die back.  And the lilac really liked the hard pruning
we did last year - for all we know, the thing is as old as the house.

Just sign me,
Can't get enough of playing in the dirt.