BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 16:47:43 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/00 8:53:24 AM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> I think Clinton comes from Arkansas (AR) and not Alaska (AK).

Hey, you know how us yanks don't like to admit there is a world south of the
Mason-Dixon line! Though I do confess a craving for hot & spicey pickled okra.

Borrowed anecdote of the day is of a northerner design professional informing
a Texan development team of the need to use soft lime mortar in old buildings
and that they were then required to provide extensive literary citations as
backup in order to prove that it was not a lie. Apologies were politely
extended that no citations on soft lime seemed to be available from the Grand
Republic. Everything mortar wise, it seems, is required to be extra hard in
Texas. So, query for this Friday... is there anyone in Texas that dares to
support soft mortar?

Shaman