BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:26:01 EDT
In a message dated 8/26/99 5:58:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Building code enforcement and upgrades are considered certain

This morning the line on NPR was poor quality materials (poor cement from
suppliers?), corner cutting contractors, and politicians. David West's
comment on reinforcing steel got me to wondering if there is no way to
monitor the quanitity of reinforcing steel sold in a country relative to the
amount of concrete construction? I seriously doubt that shoddy construction
can survive without politicians, either in Turkey or in Brooklyn.

][<en