BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kevin Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:22:47 -0500
Ken donated the following:

> Which reminds me that Edison is reported to have
> invented the electric chair in order to scare people away from Tesla’s A/C
> current.
>
> ][<en Follett

I may be wrong on this, but I think Tesla was the big proponent of DC
current.  I've been told that he envisioned a world where whole areas
would be charged, and you'd only have to plug your drill into the ground
to get it working.

Edison, who liked AC better, reportedly would include a "demonstration of
DC" in his speeches on the lecture circuit (oops-- no pun intended) during
which he'd electrocute a dog.  (Though I can't say for sure that that's
true, I wouldn't put it past the guy).

Tesla's electrical system ranks up there with the 100-mpg carburetor as
revolutionary inventions which have been suppressed by Cancer Man.  One of
those subjects that I haven't ever studied though it sounds very
interesting.

Kevin Daly
Who was raised in San Diego, and spent a lot of time at the Tesla coil at
the Science Museum