BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 20:38:27 EDT
Chris,

Whyncha ask the masons why they wait?  And look to see if they're securing
the shelf angles (and whether they're keeping old L's and painting them vs.
replacing them), and/or installing flashing before they rebrick.

We just heard of a job where some bunch of dorks (i.e., a consortium of NY's
finest engineers and contractors, not including ][<en and the undersigned)
rebricked an entire corner of a building, and when only that corner of the
building leaked afterwards, said the problem was due to it being an old
building.  As a wise restoration contractor in Syracuse once said, "Their
shit is my bread and butter."  Truer woids was never spoke.

Ralph