BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:33:58 -0500

I feel your pain.  Your painful memory stimulates my painful memory of how
parties with friends can sometimes go awry.

Having just made acquaintance with some folks (during college), I received
an invitation to join them for a great party.  Grabbing my trusty backgammon
board, I expectantly headed over to their place at the appointed hour.
Everyone had smiles all around at the door, but mine quickly faded as I was
ushered into the living room, where standing in the corner was an easel.

Yes.  Amway.  I didn't even get to play backgammon with the other "party
guests."  And just to show you how time is necessary for the development of
wisdom, I politely sat through the whole damn presentation before saying no
thanks.  Today, I'd have turned on my heels in two moments and been out of
there without a second thought for my new friends.

But I haven't had a second thought for those "friends" since then, until you
reminded me, so I guess I really haven't evolved too far.
Dan Becker,  Executive Director      "Oh joy!  Rapture!  Now
Raleigh Historic                               I have a brain!"
Districts Commission                                   - Scarecrow