BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:35:32 EST
In a message dated 03/29/2000 3:33:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< On a related topic, I wonder if the nature of airborne grime has remained
constant in this era of cleaner burning vehicles and smokestack scrubbers on
coal fired power
 plants. >>

In 1987 I supervised Ray Pepi supervising a cleaning crew who cleaned my 1909
building at 90th & Broadway (northwest corner).  It looked soiled again in
five years, although nothing like it had been.   In architecture and real
estate magazines it is clear that many of the buildings in this city which
have recently been cleaned, were also cleaned in the 1920's and 1930's -
Flatiron Building, e.g.

Sign me,  Life Boy