BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:07:48 -0400
On July 6, 1999 10:09 PM, Michael Davidson [SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:

> Well if you did it in catholic grade school; like me and Benny "the
> geek" did
> you got "15 of the best" from sister Dorthey Joseph after school with
> trousers down; She was a stick-ler on getting her point across more
> effectively to the seat of the problem. I t was an effective form of
> counciling for 8 yr olds sporting "pompadors" and black engineer boots.

Well, then I guess I'm glad I had Sister Mary Agnes.  She had to be 80 if
she was a day, and she could rear back and wallop the daylights out of a
marshmallow -- well, on a good day at least.

We would howl bloodcurdling screams after the first lash of the ruler; a
concerned look would cross her crinkly visage and, figuring we had
suffered enough, would terminate the counseling session.  We would then
return to our nefarious little boy schemes.

With religious training like that, it's small wonder I grew up to play Cod
in this august assemblage.
Dan Becker,  Executive Director         "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                  from some Cod?"
Districts Commission                          - With apologies to
[log in to unmask]                                 Bullwinkle Gee Moose