BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The Tora Bora caves of the preservation movement.
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 01:13:41 EST
Bibb Iron works
Briarfield Historic State Park
145 Furnace pky
Briarfield Alabama

Take 82  East to Tuscaloosa carry on to Centerville take 25 North !3 miles to
just short of Montevello. look for 3 flags and a ranger station...Its worth
it
We hope to get funding to stabilize this fantastic furnace this year using
lime mortar.. what else??
It is a colorful area of horse farms and rednecks in coon skins .There are
cabins on the site that pre date the civil war but the brick and mortar is
worth it alone
When I got there there was a turkey shoot that day; with muzzle loaders of
the pre civil war type..only...one enthusiast told me that at Fort Pickens to
the south they had Turkey shoots with 16 -17 cent Desoto era muskets that
held fuses...(meybe Ralph could come an hold a fuse) ...see you at Sweet
briar Michael