BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:38:10 -0400
Depending on the type of "plaster" base i.e.. Lime putty, gypsum, etc.
drying time can vary. At a plaster workshop with Rory Brennan in
Deerfield, Ma. in '98 I first heard that the plaster "keys inside the
wall cavity on traditionally plastered homes could take years.
Apparently homes did not get painted right away back then because of the
moisture present in the slow drying three coat plaster.  With surface
stuccoed(?) walls it would depend on the material composition, it's
thickness, and the room's temperature and humidity levels, in my
opinion.

And by way of introduction I have the honor of being Alumnus Numero Uno
from The Preservation Education Institute in Windsor, Vt. That was in
'99.  Go ahead,  ask Judy!

Alfredo