BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:27:49 -0500
Ruth,
Ken Kesey's "One Flew Over the Cookoos Nest" is one of the great plays and movies of all time.  I have seen it performed by local theatre groups, on Broadway, by high school students, the movie,  and it is always great.  When I lived in Kesey's back yard, there were a lot of burned out Pranksters left behind.  Sons of Loggerman with great tracks of prime redwood forest and flower child transplants form all walks of life.  We had a great Thanksgiving under the sequoias in Big Basin, stars twinkling at the ends of the dark columns of pine, sixty foot stretches of table set up in the forest, laden with every imaginable gift of food and drink, including the electric punch.  It was a great time in writing, art, life and experimentation and the Pranksters left their mark.  I think, the constant rain in Sometimes a great notion was the soothing elixir that brought some semblance of reality and grounded many that were in it.  When we were near Stanford (Ok Ralphy?) we rented an old Tudor off El Camino with two med students and a PhD in Physics (then a night guard, Ken, he called himself Arindhog) from the same university.  We would go on monthly trips with one of the group designated as "Trip Leader" in charge of the itinerary.  This was part of the Kesey paradigm and it was normal behavior for that part of the country.
Spring is here, it was close to 60 (where's the degrees button) in Brat right?
Leland