BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Maura Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:10:14 -0400
The opening reception for last week's MADE IN OHIO conference was in
Columbus' downtown Wendy's.  A converted car showroom -- handsomely enhanced
with decorative blue-and-white downspouts -- it's the first in the chain.
One area of the restaurant has been renovated to its original interior --
plastic beads, newsprint tabletops, olde-fashioned "Victorian" wallpaper,
and an awesome collection of Wendy's memorabilia (all sorts of cheesy
"where's the beef" shit).  Conference attendees were giddy, but not weepy.
Given another 20 years, however ...

Maura

>>  "But nobody's ever sad when they see a Burger King close, a Dunkin'
Donuts
>close."
>
>Hey, I was really upset over the recent conversion of our local Dunkin
Donuts