BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 09:20:56 -0400
I agree with John. I grew up just east of Pittsburgh and did not realize how
Midwestern I was until I lived in RI and NYC and THEN visited Chicago.
Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Toledo, Detroit, Chicago - very Midwest. In my old
neck of the woods, the Laurel Highlands begin the western slope of the
Alleghenies and I would say that is where things change - mostly hillbillies
and moonshiners back when I was a teen. My hometown locals don't have that
lovely speech of the "heartland" we sound more like we're from West by-god
Virginia tho.

Eric Hammarberg
Director of Preservation
Sr. Associate