BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 05:58:17 -0500
So how many have heard of the United States Commission for the
Preservation
of America's Heritage Abroad?  I got a real bee in my bonnet when I
found out that this organization has nothing to do with "America's
Heritage" but only with the heritage found in Eastern and Central
Europe.  They are special interest in sheep's clothing and are saddled
up to our tax dollars.  So I wrote them a letter explaining my dismay
with their misleading name - they wrote me back a nice three page letter
explaining what they do, however they never addressed the name issue -
my main point.
Regardless of their good intentions their name is just plain dishonest
and there are too many people interested in preservation too try and
pull one over on everyone.  Additionally I think more people would have
a real interest in their efforts if they truly represented "America's
Heritage Abroad." - there are just thousands of sites worthy of research
or documentation.  SO If I've put a bee in your bonnet please write them
at - U.S. Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad,
1101 Fifteenth Street, NW, Suite 1040, Washington, D.C.  20005 -

LARA DAY KOZAK