BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 06:14:26 -0800
Presumably, it is rosewood, a beautifully-grained, very hard, walnut-like
wood that comes from the tropics (I can't recall if it is Africa or South
America, or both)...It's got a reddish/brownish cast to it (more red) and
works very nicely.  20 years ago rosewood was very spending and considered
"exotic" but lately is seems to be popping up everywhere, even at my own
little local lumber yard.