BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:52:38 -0400
Boy, things sure got quiet around here...I guess the EIFS thread exhausted everyone.

Here's something to perk y'all up....  I just learned the economic cost of this issue to one particular project.  This is a 48 unit condominium development completed in downtown Raleigh about 1986; it was an important project for the nascent effort toward dntn. revitalization.  It is clad in EIFS, and problems were noted within 10 years.

They have just completed their evaluation, and the cost assessment per unit to remove the EIFS and reclad the building in brick is...

$42,000.

Now isn't that an equity buster?

Dan Becker, Exec. Dir., RHDC
Raleigh Historic Districts Commission