BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:54:26 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/98 8:17:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< These past 5 years I accept it and suspect it has more
 to do with marketing. Exactly what with marketing, I'm not sure. Still a
 puzzle. Psyco-analysis may be needed to solve this one. >>

John,

I think your "rule of three" has the most to do with it and would be pleased
if you would describe it on BP under the theme of how to pre-qualify clients.

Though I see you are involving yourself in the IPTW documentation session, and
am very happy that you will be participating this year, I seriously think you
should consider requesting to facilitate a marketing/motivation session. It is
important that the preservation trades have the tools of marketing and
workforce motivation in order to sustain themselves in profitable work --
which in turn makes it possible for them to take the time and expense to
attend gatherings of their peers. Marketing is often a difficult skill for a
craftsperson to grasp the need of as it requires a way of approaching a
project that is not direct and to the point. I suggest you tell everyone to
bring gloves.

][<en