BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 23:12:15 EDT
I like to think Im not a country rube; and that I get around a little bit; but
when i run into americans in some pretty far flung places; thinking back  a
greater % were from New Jersey... my fondest memories of New Jersey was
leaving it ..no just kidding...give me Jersey corn and tomatoes and a sleeping
porch down at the shore where I can hear the surf pound ..I  once spent the
fall and winter in a tipi in the little farming hamlet of Ringoes near
delaware crossing playing out my Carl Young fantasies...in buccolic splendor
...my brother who lives there has a steerman biplane (46) and a grass landing
strip up in a place called stillwater N.J...that gives you another perspective
to look at it...there is a house in Newark N.J from the late 1600; there are
also 60 year old Japanese cherry blossoms equal to the ones in Washing D.C;
there is the Edison Museum (you got to go ) in menlo park; there is wonderfull
turn of the century homes in Montclair the oranges and elsewhere..I guess for
me there is just too many people there....however guess where I will be in a
week? You guessed it N>J...I will be in Montclair New Jersey a week from Sat
to watch a football game at Rutgers being played by my young 260 lb strapping
Newphew ( who can run the mile very fast) who made all state from Morristown
New Jersey...I  am his uncle Mike and he looks up to me ...no actually I look
up to him; ...he is playing a game against 24 other all staters; my Dad will
be there and my brothers..but I will be staying in N.Y C( up near the
Cathedral )  where I hope to see Ken for our power lunch...I would like you
(Ken) to meet John Walsh the engineer who was the last master builder at St.
John he was responsible for 13 large city buildings including the Equitable
Building...he has his own small co. in Brooklyn and a 5yr.old adopted daughter
from China..thats after putting six of his own kids through college...imagine
that???All the best what # can I reach you at???   regards Michael