BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 06:49:02 -0700
Drew Diaz wrote:

> “What it means is; My people were haggling rugs while your people were
> living in caves wearing furs. This is the price I’ll give you. Now or
> later it’s up to you.”

I love it.

David & I were working in New Haven, CT and we were hungry for lunch. We
found this mideastern food shop on a corner that seemed like nowhere but
on the south end of a wealthy section. We went in and ordered hot rice
and whatever. The guy running the place was such an incredible haggler &
hawker that we ended up blowing a hundred on feta cheese & pickles
before we left -- not my normal mode of operation. The food was
delicious and not anything that we had a need for. More delicious was
the experience, particularly that it was something David & I shared as a
father-son adventure on an out-of-town gig and a lesson in salesmanship.
A story is always important and we got to talk about our being sold for
some time after.

][<