BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 07:11:34 -0200
Dan,

It was an external 'network' drive. It started making funny noises right
after we had a blackout. A lot of problems w/ blackouts this year.

I always had a problem getting the network drive to connect. I don't
think data was lost, just that I cannot connect to it. Regardless, with
everything else going on I did not get to getting another external in
time to back-up what was supposed to be the back-up to the computer with
drives too small to hold all of what I had collected. A good deal of it
was burnt from CD's, my own or from the library. It is the time
investment that I lose.

I could invest in a leisure computer with drives large enough to hold
all my crap... but I hate having to go through all of that conversion
stuff for a computer that usually works just fine for what I need.

As to the business side of things, I back up to two separate 300 gb
external hard drives. Remembering to back up is fun, figuring out where
the stuff is that needs to be backed up is even funner.

][<