BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Sasser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 10:54:37 -0400
My mother taught architectural history at Texas Tech University in Lubbock,
Texas for 41 years, and I remember once when the Architecture department
entertained some distinguished visitors from Europe (France I think).  My mother
was delegated to take them on a tour.  They were interested in seeing the
countryside, which consists of endless miles of table-top flat, dry, dusty,
treeless cotton fields.  The visitors were amazed at this alien landscape, but
most of all they commented on the prodigious drinking habits of West Texans.  My
mother couldn't quite figure out what they meant until they explained that every
few miles, out in the middle of the country was another large corrugated metal
building with GIN painted on the side of it . . .

Lisa