BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:49:48 -0700
>>  Some years ago, I returned to visit my parents in Ithaca, NY
>
>Cuyler,
>
>I'm from Brooktondale (Besemer actually) 8 miles E. of Ithaca. Where do your
>parents live?
>
>][<en

Ken,
Do you live in Brookendale now?  I used to bicycle to through there with
friends on Saturday picnic outings as a youth in the days of big balloon
tires and Schwin Bicycles with fins.   Love the landscape there !

My home was 1222  Ellis Hollow Road, just a half mile from Turkey Hill Road.
When my mother moved to a senior's apartment this year, she sold the 60 year
old Cape Cod style house a month ago for a real bargain by BC standards.

Cornell was my childhood playground.   It was such fun as a little guy to go
into a lab building and ask the big people what was going on and getting
answers like "This is a Synchrotron, the first of its kind.   Would you like
to push the button and make it go?"

It was a very sheltered childhood, and a lot of fun.   But, after some years
in Architecture at Cornell, I left home for the first time to head west and
was shocked to discover that not all towns had a University to play with !

Give my regards to Slaterville !
Cuyler