BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

When I'm in NH I'm a tourist. Ruth
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:15:24 EDT
No snow hill here ;
but we gots a snow bottom .

A bottom is for many folks round here
 the south end of a north bound mule
and my 3 yr old Mary could fill you in with the rest.

Nearby  we gots a black bottom  once a flappers dance
is in fact a rich soil deposit and dats where  da big house (plantation
house) sits
 But right here just a mile past a place called Ticky Bend; in Robert Johnson
country
we do gots  a      ....Snow Bottom;
....a thriving black community of ramshakle shacks in a long lost bottom
(cotton patch )
 that predates slave times .

Its  a dirt road  off a dirt road ; and the folks have more mules than they
gots teeth
and on Sat . night they gets a singing ( sanging) and a carry-on so ...
 they gots a blind  pig ( Illicit bar)
and a juke joint ( illicit bar with music)  on le weekend the Mrs is  has
been invited to do her Etta James  debut of  low down blues in said establishment.
Pyrate will be all duded up with his horse shoe stick pin and pomade on what
hair I gots left....Live  Sat night  from Snow bottom  Pyrate