BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 06:24:33 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>     So last night I'm talking with this architect who had done a great
>     deal
>     of work in Qatar. *Lucky for him he's on Lawn Gyland instead of
>     Qatar, I'd say. *

He was in Brooklyn (very important that we locate all anecdotal
conversations in specific geographic location -- near Grand Army Plaza,
on Berkely Street, in a brownstone.)

>       *I can't help but think you've got it backwards, and that it's
>     _forbidden_ to have your ass face Mecca*

No... I don't think I have it backwards though I am easily persuaded.
The logic is that the eyes face Mecca during prayer, but not during
bodily functions. I'm not sure but the only thing I can imagine is that
the eyes project/receive the prayer to/from Mecca and this is not
exactly what they want projected on Mecca.

>     *****Ladies don't fart, and as far as I know women don't either,
>     and I don't remember that girls do.*

I suppose my hanging out with a younger generation of women who are
writers would cause me to get confused. There seems to be no lack of
gas, or talking open and plainly about it. Customs in our own culture
change in our lifetime.

>     in the bathroom and nobody was to have any problem about it.  *So
>     how is this any different than what we (or they) in the
>     enlightened west do?*

We have one bathroom and often 5 or more people trying to get in to use
it. It is not the best place for reading as it breaks up the traffic flow.

>     As my new acquaintance was an architect it gave me a new
>     appreciation for folks who have to design, figure out, and
>     negotiate the creation of these wonders.  *If that's what it takes
>     to get you to appreciate us, well........... I just don't know.
>     I'm speechless.*

About time, bro. I said "new" appreciation... as in renewal of
pre-existing appreciation.

][<en