BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
When I'm in NH I'm a tourist. Ruth
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:53:27 -0500
> Besides, preservation has become kind of cool. It's a cause that
> attracts historians, academics and politicians of all stripes, yes --
> but also celebrities, sports heroes, supermodels, media heavyweights
> and performers of all kinds. Don Henley, Hal Holbrook, Sharon Stone,
> Kathy Ireland, Bryant Gumbel, Christopher Reeve, Paul Newman -- all
> and more have been associated with preservation causes in recent
> years; many have been enlisted by the trust and cable's HGTV to
> promote historic preservation on television this year.

Yup.  fur sure like that's us!  Kinda cool!  I've always found
preservation babes kinda hot...just like Ms Stone!  And all us old
dudes are kinda dignified in a folksy roughly handsome sort of way,
just like Hal Holbrook!

And my kids thought I was terminally UNcool!  And those Jr. High kids
last week thought Preservation Architecture didn't sound like a tenth
of the fun of designing brand new houses and shopping malls!  I need to
let them see the kind of company I've been keeping!  (I don't think
their tender minds could deal with Pinheads).

-jc