BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Trelstad, Derek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:36:48 -0400
On 20 September, M. Rabinowitz wrote:

I think this is an excellent definition of a good masonry cleaning job,
one that Ken worked on.

As an duly elected officer of BP I move that this be written into the
bylaws.

All in favor.

Ken, I think we forgot an important clause in the Charter: Officers are not
elected, they are appointed as a direct consequence of their absence from
the annual meeting and pignic. As appointees their power is largely
figurative -- in fact, they are completely beholden to the members who has
the foresight to see the importance of the pignic and made time to attend.
But, it must be kept in mind by all, that while totally titular, the
officers will be expected to enforce all tenats of the Charter and will be
asked to "play the heavy" on all occassions where such action is required.

The key clause that must be added then: "Officers are titular and,
sometimes, heavy."

That said, I applaud Mark, who must fancy himself president, and his bold
suggestion to alter the Charter to include a clause about dirtl cleaning. In
fact, as a Bar-B'd shrimp-eatin' pignic attendee, I second his motion.

Signed,

Speaking Softly and Carrying a Big Stick I Cannot Hit.