BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:06:59 -0400
John,

On the exterior I recommend clean off either by scraping by hand or w/ a
pressure washer. Remove loose/deteriorated mortar from joints. Repoint
w/ a mix of 1 part gray Portland, 1 part hydrated lime (NOT agricultural
lime), 6 parts mason's sand.

On interior.... remove Thoroseal that comes off easily. Don't worry
about what does not. Trying to remove what does not come off easy will
create more damage than good. I doubt that the Thoroseal is the problem.

Do not repaint the exterior.

Ken