BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
When I'm in NH I'm a tourist. Ruth
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 10:52:07 -0400
Message text written by "When I'm in NH I'm a tourist.  Ruth"
>In a message dated 5/24/2003 8:55:36 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Evidently in your car, it's a passenger side windbag.

Took my 84 yo mother - who drives a 1984 Honda CRX with the crash
protection
of a clump of tinfoil - to see a car which I thought would appeal to her
subversive side: the Honda Element.     When I saw it, I thought it seemed
very
urban-solar-power-delivery-truck-cool.  She thought it looked like a
hummer.
Who's right?

Sign me,  XKE
<

I think it looks like one of those old DIVCO milk trucks. I don't
understand why so much of the 'retro' car styling movement has gravitated
to such unattracive eras in automotive history. But then, to me, the most
attractive cars are from the late 1920s.

Good for your mother to drive something so fun. CRXs are quite popular
autocross cars, as they have the platform of the standard Civic with a lot
less weight. But you are right about the crash protection--true of Hondas
generally.

Sign me, 4/4 (four wheels, four cylinders)