BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ian Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:46:34 +1000
John Leeke wrote:

>Can anyone lead me to info on the development of clay pantile in England?

The best info I've found is in 'Tracing the History of Houses' by Bill
Breckon & Jeffrey Parker, published by Countryside Books, Newbury,
Berkshire in 1991 and reprinted in 1996. There's a good description and an
outline of their history on pages 77 and 78. The condensed version is that
they appear to have been imported into Britain from Holland in the 17th
century with local manufacture commencing in the 18th century.
If need more info let me know and I'll sit down and type it all out for you.

-- --
Ian Evans
The World of Old Houses: http://www.oldhouses.com.au
Publisher: The Flannel Flower Press Pty Ltd
PO Box 591, Mullumbimby, New South Wales, Australia 2482
Phone/fax: +612 6684 7677 Email: [log in to unmask]