BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bradley Farwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:07:37 -0700
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, J. Bryan Blundell wrote:

> So Levittown and it clones as well as the 1960 "colonial" developments
> are vernacular?  Sounds like <snip>

Umm... what argument would you make against their inclusion as
"vernacular?  Or does vernacular need to be home-made or very old to
warrant the label?  When I think of "american house" they pop almost
irrepressibly to mind, despite years of archi-therapy.

Another great book- The Field Guide to American Houses...makes walking the
streets of bridgeport an experience on par with  birding in the forests
of paraguay.

-brad (because, of course, I go to paraguay all the time)

hey, that sounds just like <snip>!