BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
adaptive re-use is from the department of repetitive redundancy division <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:22:28 -0500
Ken writes:
 >>That all said. My latest upgrade to OnmiPage 16 claims that you can take
photographs with your camera and have the OCR software transcribe
letters... like all the notes on the set of drawings... into text.
<<

I have recently been using www.ScanR.com, which is a free online
service. I can take a picture of text or drawings with my cell phone
camera, upload the photo to this service directly from my cell phone.
The service takes the photo, cleans up the image, translates any text to
digital text, they will email the result back to my phone, to my desktop
computer or to anyone I like, or it will fax the result out to any
numbers I give it, or hold the files at the service for me or any of my
contacts to download. It works well on pages up to 8x11. (there is not
built-in "stitch" service to shoot larger pages) I'm using a Nokia n93
phone, but don't have it set up with phone service, which is too costly.
The n93 has wifi built into it and is like a little computer so I use
that where ever there is a wifi connection--works great, skype, etc.

john