BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:23:12 EST
In a message dated 2/1/2000 12:42:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< She is retro-installing some marble pavers (original flooring
 not clear) - the contractor wants 3/8" thick pavers, but she thinks 3/4"
 thick is more like it.  She  thinks 3/8" pavers will crack - don't you?
 They're about 9 x 18", and will be laid on a poured concrete floor. >>

Dear Spouse,

3/8 will certainly be less expensive, but with a good setting bed (or
adequate thinset mortar, with no zits underneath) you may be OK.  The Boss is
right that 3/4 would be better, either thinset or mud-set.  ]{en will
undoubtedly weigh in (with better information) on this, along with everybody
else.  I would advise The Supreme Authority to consider a relatively coarse
surface, given my prior gimpitude as a result of Leona Helmsley's highly
polished marble at the Fabulous Lincoln Building, and on the assumption that
she doesn't want to get her ass sued off for knowingly specifying the world's
slickest flooring material.  In addition, she might want to consider granite
if she could come up with one that would have a decent appearance,
historically speaking.  How about checkerplate steel, with a faux marbre
finish?

Thank Cod it's not my house.  Or--how about some nice Minton tile?

Ralph

,