BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Afghanistan of the preservation movement.
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:52:28 EST
In a message dated 12/9/2001 9:48:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Another way to keep an account out of the spammers' gunsights (again
>  assuming that the address is never made public on postings or web pages)
>  is to use some very obscure domain or ISP that is unlikely to be attacked.

So, Larry ... It looks pretty hopeless as far as the AOL "mail controls,"
right? I'll give up spending any more time on it and just delete them as they
come in ... and come in... and in. Thanks for all the information -- it
really helped me understand how difficult a task it is to keep the spam out.
I wonder if they ever really sell anything?

Mary