BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Norm/Ilene Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:20:20 -0500
Fun project and beautiful house.  Congratulations!

Haunting story here in A2 regarding the city-owned cobblestone
Ticknor-Campbell House:  We're not sure how serious it is yet, but there
is visible bowing out of the front wall.  Cracks inside have developed
at the interior walls either side of the front door.  They are widest at
the second floor level, tapering to nothing at the first floor and
attic.  Crack monitors have been installed but incorrectly, as they are
over wallpaper and loose.  There is a lot of local preservationist talk
about redoing the crack monitors, removing interior plaster to see if
the stone exterior is anchored to any wood framing, and removing some
exterior cobblestone veneer to see if there is stone backup or heavy
timber framing.  To my knowledge there hasn't been any probing or
boroscopic viewing or investigative demolition.  The cracks are
relatively recent, and we need to determine if they are active.

Pam, I hope all your new old house experiences are benign.

Ilene