BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christopher Tavener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:09:36 -0500
You may be looking at gypsum stains formed by calcite in the slate in
reaction with water.  Such stains are an indication that the slate is
beginning to break down, since the molecule of gypsum are larger then the
calcite molecules and promote delamination. I guess you should deterimine
whether you are looking at gypsum first before thinking about cleaning these
slate.
Christopher Tavener
ctavener @eypae.com