BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Norm/Ilene Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 22:19:19 -0500
Back in about 1991 I requested a print-out of historic sites/listings
cross-referenced with airports or hangars, and I received a list from
the National Register people.  I wanted to know about any listings of
older airport structures.  There weren't many, including the site of the
Wright Brothers' flight which has no buildings, but it was interesting.
I was writing a Section 106 document for Lansing's Capital City Airport
West Ramp.  It was great fun to research, enjoyable to photograph,
satisfying to write, but they still tore the old hangars down to meet
FAA requirements.

Ilene