BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:46:56 -0600
Drakes Well Museum

http://www.drakewell.org/

The well on the site is a replica of Drake's first, but down the road a
piece is a well that had some sort of major significance.  I remember
something about it being pumped a little each eary just to maintain its
status as the oldest operating well...or something like that.  The
folks at Drake are real nice.  Say hello to Barbara and Larry for me if
you contact them for info.

One fun incident I remember is failing some sort of EPA test because
there was petrolium in our ground water.  Surprise!

-jc