BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 23:08:46 -0500
John Callan wrote:

> Now that ought to be a hoot! It would be a good time to invest in
> middle easter movie theatres and concession stands. Do yo think they
> will just enjoy the exotic peoples and their strange rituals, or will
> they see it more as black humor?
>

> On Mar 2, 2004, at 8:54 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>     *And then we get to all the interfaith goodwill that will result
>     from translating it into Arabic.*

I think there are a lot of comparisons with the graphics that come out
of Al Jezera -- the sort where kids have half their head blown off -- so
it actually might be more of an NLP kind of thing where they say, "Oh,
the Americans do that just like us!" The Media/Hollywood is America in
their perceptions when and if they get to see a movie. Or, the
Americanization of Jesus is that soem guy gets the hell beat out of him
then miraculously at the end of the movie is all healthy & whole again
sitting in a cave and almost cracks a sly little grin.

][<